Join The Craig Taylor Equipment Family
Service Technician - Anchorage & Wasilla Branches
We are looking for service technician to work in our Anchorage location and perform work on heavy equipment.
- Inspect, troubleshoot and estimate repairs on engines, powertrains, electrical systems, hydraulic systems and more.
- Regular travel to field equipment both in town and remote
- Produce timely and detailed service reports, accurate timekeeping and expense tracking
- Competent and thorough use of internal computer systems, including electronic diagnostic tools, parts management and work order management software
- Knowledge & experience in metalworking, welding and fabrication
- Must have organizational skills and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work flexible shifts and adapt to changing work schedules
- Must be a motivated self-starter who can maximize productivity while working independently
- Strong communication and customer service skills are required
- 5+ years of experience as heavy equipment field technician
- High school diploma or GED or a graduate of vocational technical school
- Clean driving record and ability to pass drug screening test
- 401k program
- Health insurance
- Accrual of 2 weeks paid time off (PTO) after the first year and 3 weeks after the 5th year
- 5-6 annual paid holidays
- Employee discount on all purchases from Craig Taylor Equipment
Sales Professional - Fairbanks & Wasilla Branches
Are you an outgoing individual who enjoys the opportunity to meet new people, identify their needs and provide them with solutions? If you’re driven by results and are looking for a career with an enduring Alaskan company offering full benefits and consistent pay, this is the opportunity for you.
Craig Taylor Equipment has been in business for over 65 years and we pride ourselves on creating a culture and work environment that rewards achievement, fosters the creation of meaningful relationships and ultimately feels like an extended family.
The Sales Professional position will focus primarily on selling John Deere equipment, one of the worlds most recognized and revered brands, to customers of all sizes – from homeowners to large businesses and military. If you’re not currently experienced with John Deere equipment, no problem! We believe the equipment knowledge can be taught; motivation, passion and the art of customer service can’t!
- Daily interaction with customers
- Qualifying customer needs and fitting them with appropriate equipment
- Showroom organization and general aesthetic
- Using an inventory computer system and various equipment websites
- A sincere love for the art of customer service
- Customer-centric point of view and “yes we can” attitude.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to learn processes and procedures.
- Ability to take direction well and follow through with little or no supervision.
- Must be able to work well with others and be part of a team.
- Must be able to work at least 40 hours a week
- Must be able to maintain a clean work environment.
- Health insurance with HSA
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation & sick time
- Paid training